More information on the login panel
If you have a mobile device, such a MacBook, you’d better password protect it. When your device got stolen, at least they’ll have a hard time to see your private information.
What if you’ve just left the device somewhere, then someone found it and wanted to inform you? They can’t, because there is no information about you, and they can’t log into the system.
Here is how you can put more information on the login panel:
- Go to: /Library/Preferences
- Double click on: com.apple.loginwindow.plist, the Property List Editor.app will be launched.
- Click on ‘Add Child’
- Enter the following information: Key: LoginwindowText Type: String Value: If found, please contact…. firstname.lastname@example.org, your phone.
- Save it. Make sure you have enabled ‘Disable automatic login’ in System Preferences > Security
- Reboot. Just log out. Thanks Sebastian!
Please do not add $ sign in the Value field.